Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, because potency directly depends on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, certain rules must be observed. First of all, it is worth making changes in your lifestyle: improve nutrition, monitor your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of rehabilitation, then preventive measures include the use of medications and medicinal products from traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- primary is carried out in order to prevent the development of the disease;
- secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis in order to avoid the recurrence of the disease or its development into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve the quality of life. To prevent this disease, men should follow a few important rules:
- Healthy food. Revision of the diet is one of the main points in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the prostate mucosa is irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of blood vessels, which greatly impairs the blood supply to the prostate gland, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- To refuse from bad habits. Smoking and alcohol are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, affecting the metabolic processes in the body, and ethyl alcohol loads the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It is noted that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. In addition, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often violating potency.
- See a doctor in a timely manner. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. In addition, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Do not self-medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Often, inflammation of the prostate gland is the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to devote at least 20-30 minutes to sports every day, especially if the professional activity of a man is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is stagnation of blood flow in the prostate gland.
- Take medications. If problems with potency are identified, a man needs to start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods of dealing with prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercises in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To determine the muscle that needs to be strengthened, you can delay the flow of urine during urination, count to three and relax. Then in the same way it is recommended to act without urination.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. From the second week, the intensity of training is recommended to be increased to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises in a standing position:
- Lean with one foot on the floor, and with the other, perform wide swings back and forth 80 times. Then change legs.
- Jump in place 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and perform tilts 15 times in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in a supine position:
- Alternately pull the legs to the stomach, then spread them apart to the maximum width.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs in front of you and reach them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, to a position perpendicular to the floor, then proceed to the exercise "bike".
- Lie on your stomach on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, leaning on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. In addition, it is useful to take a contrast shower - alternately stand under cold water (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds). It is recommended before bed.
Healing stimulation of the prostate gland
As a preventive measure, it is recommended to perform prostate stimulation. At home, you can significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal function of the male genital organs.
This massage helps:
- improving blood flow, thereby nourishing the gland with oxygen and other beneficial substances;
- an increase in testosterone - the main male sex hormone that is responsible for erection;
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, due to which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, then he needs to carry out 2-4 sessions a week. When performing a wellness procedure as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, then the frequency of procedures per week can be raised to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Manual massage. Prostatitis is affected by fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- Indirect technique is based on squeezing and unclenching the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Enema decoction of chamomile officinalis. Massage with a water stream must be performed for a short time, holding it inside yourself.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings, because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When conducting a massage, you must be careful not to worsen the condition by damaging the anus mucosa. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- stones in the prostate;
- tumors of different etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a comprehensive examination to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you must follow proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, the daily calorie content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase the output of urine, which will remove pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are advised to consume about 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100 g of proteins;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fats (vegetable origin).
Also, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- beef, poultry and lean fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or extracts from the prostate gland of a bull. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate gland, increasing secretion production and eliminating stagnant processes.
As a rule, urologists prescribe medications in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, which helps to eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of the prostate, it is important to consume enough vitamins that improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long term. Men are recommended to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K - help reduce the risk of neoplasms in the prostate.
An alternative method is the use of dietary supplements, which can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for men's health. It is involved in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also methods from traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. l. unpeeled oats and 700 ml of water. The drink is simmered for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. Then the decoction is left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on the production of testosterone. They can be eaten in their pure form, at least 100 g per day, or they can be made into a medicinal mixture. To do this, a glass of nuts is passed through a meat grinder with one whole lemon and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. l. honey. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. l. Also, nuts passed through meat grinders can be diluted with 1 tbsp. l. sunflower oil. The remedy in this form is recommended to be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning, while the effectiveness is increased if it is washed down with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan-tea is an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis. To brew it, 2 tsp is enough. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. Tea should be drunk warm, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are excellent help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They can be eaten pure and dried. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tbsp per day. l. seeds.
- A decoction of birch leaves gives an anti-inflammatory effect, and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. For cooking: 1 tbsp. l. raw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Honey sbiten is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps to improve blood circulation in the pelvis, potency and relieve the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Take 1 tbsp. l. before going to bed on an empty stomach, spreading in a glass of warm water.
Methods from traditional medicine are effective, but can provoke an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using them, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to follow preventive measures. Timely treatment will help to avoid the consequences of the disease.